Faculty members of Asas provide an atmosphere that both challenges and nurtures each student and offer a curriculum that fosters each child’s maximum development and potential using research based teaching techniques. Our education program honors “all kinds of minds”.
Our Vision for The Inclusive Education Group:
Asas International aspires to maximize the development of intellectually challenged children to bring them near to normal by using latest therapeutic interventions and specific targeted educational techniques.
Provide Inclusive education atmosphere for both challenged and nurtured students through integration the applications of the best available educational techniques and expertise.
- Our endeavour is to provide equal and inclusive education to the intellectually challenged students along with our mainstream students.
- Develop the students social skills interaction and confidence by providing them with an equal opportunity action plan.
- Enable them to become independent entities, find simple jobs and be a productive part of society.
Dyslexia/Autism Education at Asas
Asas has now become the pre‐eminent educator for Dyslexia/Autism students also. We provide small classes, a structured schedule and individualized attention which also serves as an important key to the school’s success.
Remedial Language skills are taught with multi‐sensory, structural approach. The RL curriculum breaks down the sound, spelling rules and grammar. The program centers on the structured instructions, memorization and recitation. All students work to master phonics as well as roots and affixes.
These skills are perfected as students learn word identification and spellings, while fluency and comprehension strategies are taught and practiced through regular oral reading and related activities.
- Students join the Inclusive Education Group.
- After assessing the student, the class level is determined.
- We start with:
- Establishing a comfort zone/ settling period
- Self management; inside and outside the class.
- Provide a structured and controlled environment to work on Individual Education Plan. (IEP)
- Identify and focus on their innate strong ability and work on enhancing it through the best available.
When the above mentioned targets are met we enter the second phase: i.e. sending them to the mainstream classes for combined study accompanied by a shadow teacher.
- Music class
- Art class
- Computer class
The focus on academic side in based on four core subjects, depending on the ability and level of the student.
Pak. Studies, Islamiat, Ethics, General Knowledge is handled orally and managed in questionnaire form, for keeping record of the students progress.
If a child is not keeping up with the curriculum at school, or is displaying behavioral problems, they may be facing a learning difficulty. Instead of worrying about the label of “learning difficulty”, it’s important for parents to understand that each child learns in a different way and difficulties usually mean the child learns in a way that is not the same as an “average” student.
One of the best places to start looking for, to help your child is Asas International, because
Asas provides therapeutic interventions for:
- Learning disabilities
- Dyslexia and its types
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Behavioral Problems
- Communication Problems
- Speech and Language problems